Hey, ladies! Yes, I am looking at you! Are you against animal testing?
If so you might want to check out a Youtube challenge that has been going around lately.
It’s called ‘How cruel is my makeup bag’.
Here’s a few videos you might want to check out:
Tessa Violet does a pretty good simple explanation of the challenge.
However if you are feeling particularly sassy you might want to check the video on justkissmyfrog’s channel (cute name, no?):
Basically what happens here is that people go through their makeup bags and check on http://logicalharmony.net/ whether or not the brands they are using are cruelty-free. Logical Harmony compiles a list of brands that is truly free of animal testing (updates every week!). A quick way of conducting your search is to press Ctrl+F to open up a search engine and type out the brands you are using or thinking of purchasing.
Many of us are against animal-testing but it is often not obvious which brands are cruelty-free, and sometimes it is not really something we think about when we are trying to pick out the perfect eyeshadow. However, if you do believe that animal-testing is wrong, take a few minutes to go on that website and put on a bit of tape just like in the videos to mark the brands you won’t be buying again.
Each of us has the power to determine what kind of world we want to live in and what kind of product we want to consume. It may feel like a tiny step but—not only are you sending a message to the cosmetics industry that you, as a consumer, demands a more ethical approach—you are choosing to align yourself with your values. While you might be reluctant to part with a brand, ask yourself this: does the world need that product so very bad that lives have to be spent on testing its efficiency? I’d say humanity could spare a few eyeliners here and there.
So let’s change the cosmetics industry together, one make-up bag at a time!
By Natanin Rachpradit
Going Green is the New Black
Do you know what’s really trendy right now? The answer is Being trash-free!!
If you are like me that there is a rush of guilt every time I go to the supermarket and carry home far too many plastic bags and packaged products. But this is just the way of life for now, right? It is not like we can avoid it.
…Or can we?
Because this, believe it or not, is two years-worth of Lauren Singer’s trash:
Lauren Singers is an environmental major graduate who lives a Zero-Waste lifestyle right in the rush of New York City. By taking steps to reduce trash such as composting and making her own products—from toothpaste to condoms—all the trash she makes in two years only fit into one mason jar.
So if she can do it, why can’t you? What if the idea of living life that produces no trash ,doesn’t sound attractive enough to you!? we have compiled together five reasons why you should be living a Zero-Waste Life.
The Perks of living a Zero-Waste Life:
1. You are in control of what goes into your body.
Not only is a Zero-Waste Lifestyle good for the environment it is great for your overall complexion. Lauren says so herself that after taking on this life style her skin was much clearer and her hair became shinier. Why is this? A Zero-Waste lifestyle pushes you to take control of what goes into your body: by avoiding packaged food you won’t be eating just anything the meets the eye or strike your mood at that moment. Also, nowadays the chemicals in your face cream can sometimes do you more harm than good. Which is why your body will be thanking you for opting for natural homemade beauty products.
2. You will have much less clutter in your life.
A Zero-Waste life pushes you to focus mainly on the essentials, of what you truly need in life and only make a purchase (aka. contributing new trash) when it is absolutely necessary. By buying only what you need you will find that your apartment is much less cluttered.
3. More money left in your pockets.
4. Increase in mindfulness.
The challenging thing about living this lifestyle is becoming aware at all times of your actions and learning to plan ahead. Because you have to avoid contributing trash like the plaque you will have to be more vigilant of what you do such as not forgetting your water bottle for the day, not forgetting to decline the offers of plastic bags etc.
And last but not least…
5. Going green is sexy.
It shows you are in control and empowered enough to live in a way that is aligned with your values. You are refusing to bow down to consumerism and striving to live a life that leaves no trash behind. Mother Nature salutes you. If that’s not charisma, I don’t know what else is.
A Zero-Waste life is possible and healthy—and it’s not that hard. So if this got you interested in taking the steps to becoming a greener you, we recommend you check out Lauren Singers website: www.trashisfortossers.com
Here you will find tutorials from Lauren herself on how to make your own products and incorporating such a lifestyle into your hectic, city life.
As Emma Watson (hail queen) has once said “If not me, who? If not now, when?”
So why not YOU? Why not NOW? Embark on your Zero-Waste journey today!
By Natanin Rachpradit
Don Kai Dee Benjarong is a place known for passing the porcelain technics down from generation to generation. This village gathers together a group of local villagers who use their knowledge to create beautiful pieces of art…
As a special fundraiser during this period, Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas has joined Socialgiver to offer a range of extraordinary gifts for those who wish to give back with us.
Six Senses Experiences gifts for you when you donate
1. Join Our Top Chef Online Cooking Classes (with Six Senses Master Chefs)
2. A Wellness Weekend Retreat at Six Senses Yao Noi
3. A Wellness Weekend Retreat at Six Senses Samui
4. An Immunity SOS Care Kits (hand-crafted immunity boosting tonics and tinctures)
Aliza Napartivaumnuay announced that she has been selected as part of the inaugural cohort of Obama Foundation Leaders: Asia-Pacific, a cross-section of 200 emerging civic leaders from 33 nations and territories in the region…
Socialgiver, award-wining Social enterprise, is Hiring! We’re expanding our team along with the greater impact in Social sector in Thailand. If you’re interested in working with enthusiastic and energetic people who are aiming to create sustainable impact.
What jobs suit you best? Send your CV to info@Socialgiver.com
- – Online & Offline campaigns and events
- – Preparing and organizing promotional materials for campaigns and events
- – Determine and track marketing performance of various experiments against key performance indicators to determine ROI of each marketing activity – leading to a scalable marketing plan
- – Creating leverage to reach new customers through win-win campaigns
- – B2B GiveCard sales, donation matching gifts, and other premium items
- – Running joint promotions with partners and reporting achievements
- – Launch creative and collaborative online and offline campaigns
- – Press Releases and PR campaigns
- – Celebrity and influencer marketing
1. Leading company-wide product innovation
- Evaluate data and insights to set strategic direction of the site/apps based on customer needs and business goals
2. Converting strategic goals into operational tasks
- Establish timelines and product benchmarks
- Develop data and analytics roadmap and reporting to the team to keep track of progress
- Defining navigational flow and user experience on the site, apps, etc
3. Keep track of conversion funnel from awareness to retention
- Identify leading brands with potential to join Socialgiver
- Offer Socialgiver’s service as a CSR/promotion solution
- Create a GiveCards to promote to customers
- Help promote GiveCards and acquire new customers
- Collaborate on new campaigns with key business partners
- Report marketing and impact results achieved
1. Identify effective social and environmental projects with potential to scale
- Assess and interview projects for Socialgiver to support
- Develop a method to assess the project’s impact
- Propose the funds required, and activities required to achieve optimum impact
- Offer insights that can help projects improve their processes and achieve their goals
- Work with projects to help raise awareness and funds for their cause
- Identify opportunities to raise additional funds for projects, including grants, B2B sales, and sponsorship
- Review reports from the project and summarize data gathered to be updated on Socialgiver’s website
- Gather stories from the ground of the impact created for communication to sponsors/funders
- Develop a standardized method of social impact reporting to summarize and communicate social impact generated
- Content planning
- Manage volunteer writers
- Editing submitted content for release
- Content marketing for Social Enterprise sector
- Build a strong newsletter base
- Create partnerships with print and online media for content sharing
- Manage social media channels
- SEO for Social enterprise
- Facebook Ads
- Set relevant and measurable KPIs